My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Failure"

Over the past week or so I've encountered a number of "obstacles" in my pursuit of what I believe God's vision is for us as a church.

This always affects me personally because I've been committed to this work with my entire life and so it's not like a project or an assignment, it's what God has called me to!

However, when I hit an obstacle or something that says "you failed," I have discovered that nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact, "failure" is simply someone else's opinion about a situation upon which God always has the last word.

The "failure" as I understand it tells one more about themselves than it does about the circumstance. Failure is a decision to quit rather than go on, and failure is only the conclusion if you let it be.

And so as I consider some of the obstacles, some of the flashing red "failure" signs, I have some choices to make and I can tell you that I'm trusting God more than those messages.

Hope that can be said of you as well, dear one, no matter what it is you're facing.

So look away from your need and re-evaluate your seed and move ahead in faith.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Well said and very timely. I'm also glad to hear that you don't believe those failure signs. Christ has made you, and the church a huge success. The obstacles will always be there, but so will the victory.

    ReplyDelete