My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's Crazy But...

Last evening, I reflected on the fact that I barely had five quiet moments in a 14 hour day. They came over the microwave dinner that I had that fell between my last meeting and my small group!

But despite the "craziness" of a day with so many important meetings, so many terrific people and a whole lot of rather challenging problems and issues, I found it truly exhilarating to be walking with the Lord in all this!

I know that there are those who would say that a slower pace is good for the body and soul and I would not disagree with them on some occasions. However, I also feel that going "pedal to the metal" concerning things that are important and valuable to others as well as to yourself, fully engaged with the Lord, is one of the great thrills of life.

Nothing that I did yesterday was a "waste of time" and it all had to do with staying focused, staying well, advancing the Kingdom and loving others. I don't know what else one could ask for in terms of a calling in life and for all that, I'm deeply grateful!

So call me crazy, but... I think I'm off to another day just like yesterday.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

P.S. Friday will be different... I will slow down and really listen to what God wants to say this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment