This afternoon I had a great time with some of the "coolest" young adults that you'll ever see! That would be our team of "emerging leaders" here at North Way who are not just talking about making a difference for Christ, but living it out through hard work, passionate involvement and personal sacrifice.
"Emerging leaders" have had a lot of negative connotation to them for the past couple of years as being rebellious and against the "institutional" church that they perhaps experienced negatively growing up.
That's not the case with our emerging leaders at all. Though they challenge some of the things we do and why we do them, they do so in a way that they can learn from it so that they can be supportive or give great ideas so that we can change it and become more relevant.
Emerging leaders are just great people and I want to see us attract hundreds more of them through all of our campuses and venues as we move forward. They are the church now and in the future and we are blessed to see so many hundreds of them already deeply committed here at North Way.
Reach out and include one of these really great young adults in some of your personal contacts and you'll make a friend that just might change your life!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
I agree with you 1000%, especially if you're referring to the teaching and campus pastors and the other young leaders I've met at NWCC. Their teaching and leadership are inspiring.
ReplyDeleteHowever, the "emergent church" and leaders in Christendom today are being questioned concerning their beliefs and teachings.
Would another term, other than emerging or emergent, be better used when referring to the people I know you're talking about at NWCC?
I really enjoyed our time together as well. I love being a part of the team here and can't wait see how God is leading us in the future.
ReplyDelete