My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

When You Don't Know

This morning I was called upon to lead our regular weekly staff meeting devotional. I spent some time last night and this morning prayerfully thinking about what to say and because of a number of issues, felt very dry and unprepared for the time together.

It's at those times that you want to throw in the towel and basically let someone else run with it.

However, I chose the route of confessing that I felt weak and unable to provide what was needed at the time but shared my heart openly and looked with the team at 2 Corinthians 12:9. It's there that Paul writes in the words of Jesus "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." He's speaking of the grace that Jesus promised to give him even when he faced difficult situations.

As it turned out, more than half the staff identified with that verse and the time ended up being probably more effective than usual!

And so, when you don't know what to do, simply tell the Lord that and be willing to risk, by faith, throwing it all upon Him. He won't fail you!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment