My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Need Help to Pray?

Let's be honest. Prayer isn't natural to us. Our natural inclination is to give it our "best shot" and hope that some of it gets through to the Lord. Others don't pray at all and just "think thoughts" that they hope God will pick up on.

In Romans 8:26 it says that the Holy Spirit who lives within us "helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we should pray as we ought. But the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us."

I take a lot of encouragement from this passage. Even when I'm confused or disheartened, the Holy Spirit knows how to pray and if I ask Him to lead me I can be assured that His prayers will get through to the Lord and will make a difference!

I'm greatly excited about the growing corporate prayer movement that is slowly increasing here at North Way. I'm expecting to join about 100 people tomorrow morning to seek the face of the Lord at 7:00 a.m. and out of that to be energized in my personal prayer journey.

Prayer is still the single most effective way that "things happen" in a believer's life. Don't give up on prayer because the Holy Spirit hasn't given up on you!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment