My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Confession App

When I first saw this story on the evening news yesterday, I was not sure whether to be amused or challenged. The essence of the story was that it's better to have some sort of connection with people concerning their spirituality that may lead them to a live congregation than to have nothing at all.

On that basis, it's hard to disagree but I think there's a real danger here in terms of people defining their own spirituality and feeling like they've accomplished something if this is all that they do. I have many relationships with people who have a totally "self-defined" version of their Christianity. This fits neatly into that category and addresses one of the areas that has been lacking and now can be filled.

Read the article for yourself and make your own conclusions, but the best "app" that I know when it comes to true spirituality is found in community!

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20110209/evangelicals-should-take-cue-from-catholic-confession-app/

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Dr. Jay,

    Thanks for your blog. I enjoy reading it!


    As a Catholic, I think the Confession App is useful, firstly because it is good to examine our consciences. Secondly, coming to face to face with my sin prompts me to seek God's grace, as dispensed through the Church.

    My basis for this statement is the Scriptures, specifically the Gospel of John in Jesus' first appearance to the disciples after his resurrection:


    “When it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be with you." 20And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord. 21So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you." 22And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

    Thanks again for your blog. I know a lot of Northway folks and they are all wonderful people.

    Best wishes-
    B.J.

    ReplyDelete