My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Say "I love You"

I suppose that many people will debate whether or not “Valentine’s Day” is a real holiday or something simply promoted by the greeting card companies. In my mind, it really doesn’t matter because I think any reason to let someone know that you really love them is good enough!

In our world, one of the things that people most need to know is that they’re loved and one of the things that they least hear are those very words. On Valentine’s Day, like every other day, it’s more important to say “I love you” than to demonstrate it with gifts, flowers and chocolates.

It also is a time to be sure to remember not just the primary “love of your life” but some of those other people that are dear to you and have a special place in your heart but you just may not let them know it very often.

I’ve already had several of those conversations today and I have to say that the reward of those exchanges far outweighs the small investment of time that it took. After all, the idea of expressing love originated from the One who is by His very nature Love.

May you have a blessed day!

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment