My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Time to Pray When.....

For whatever reason, the last few months have been a challenge to my normal prayer routine.

I don’t say that with an ounce of self sufficiency, but rather as a confession that even Pastors struggle with the reality of maintaining discipline.

However, God has a way of eventually getting our attention about the fact that we have neglected Him over time by allowing us to manage our life into chaos or to encounter a situation that we simply cannot overcome on our own.

Ultimately, I think everyone prays when they face something that they just don’t know how to overcome or to “fix” in their human strength.

Prayer was meant to be so much more than that. It was meant to be a time of communion with God and a time to join a “dialogue” with our creator, savior and friend. However, the press of daily life, the intrusion of problems and challenges and obstacles of all kinds seem to eat away first of all at that time of prayer.

It is ironic that we don’t pick up on the signals that when those things happen we should increase our prayer time, not the opposite. It was said of Martin Luther that the more he had to do, the earlier he got up to pray.

I wish the same could be said of me and if things keep going the way they are I believe that God is sending a message to me that my prayer life needs reexamined and refreshed.

That’s the work of the Holy Spirit and something that I am not waiting another day to implore Him to empower me to do.

Blessing of Submission,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment