My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sleepless Nights

Over the past few weeks, those of you who have been keeping up with this blog know that I’ve been fighting off a very persistent viral infection that has moved all through my respiratory system. As a result, I’ve been waking up at various times in the night and find myself unable to go back to sleep for a substantial period of time.

Reading sometimes helps, but by far and away the most productive and actually restful thing that I’ve done is to use the time to pray for the things that God brings to mind.

It’s odd that my prayer disciplines don’t always seem to capture what God brings to mind in the middle of the night, but there’s something about the stillness of 3am that wipes out every other distraction and brings to the forefront those things which seem to be on the heart of God.

I certainly don’t recommend sickness as a way to improve your prayer life but if you are up at night, why not try prayer as the best way to use those moments until God brings you back to the point of finding rest.

Thanks for your prayers for my healing and my growing prayer life!

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment