This past weekend produced numerous moments of a profound sense of joy in my life. Most of them I can’t describe without going into a lot of detail, but all of them had to do with seeing individual people finding incredible personal fulfillment in expressing themselves in service of Jesus and His Kingdom.
Though the emphasis this week was on community “outside” of the local church, I was reminded countless times of how God allows us to use our gifts inside the church as well. Our children’s worship leader was having the time of his life leading kids and their parents at FM live. Our new volunteer stage manager was directing people in their place of service as he coordinated technology and giftedness with joy and a sense of real strength and control. Numerous people greeted me wherever I went with a smile, a hug, and a sense of “I’m really glad to be here” which permeated every exchange.
I don’t want to sound sappy with all of this but I feel like there’s no place like the church for people to go to be lifted up. So often, people are put down or feel inadequate wherever they serve, or work or study, but at the church they can soar because they’re given the opportunity to let God’s spirit use them as He designed. There’s no greater joy or blessing then to be a little part of that.
Humbled to be able to share this with you,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment