Few of us have gotten through a day, let alone a week or month, without wondering if we were “in the will of God” about a particular decision.
In my experience, it’s rarely something we come to without significant wrestling and prayer. Don’t ask me why that’s the case, but it’s as though the Lord is saying to us “if you really want to know my will than you’re going to have to spend some time in finding it out.”
This makes sense to me in view of the fact that it draws me closer to the heart of God. If I want to know “information” I guess I can just go to a text book. However, if I want guidance and relationship then I need to go and spend time with the one that I want to hear from.
I’m in the middle of one such decision and recognize how hard it can be to wait on God. If that’s you right now, be encouraged that the Lord isn’t hiding himself from you, but really wants you to know Him as much as his answers to your questions.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment