My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Faith Lessons

Has it ever occurred to you that God seems intent on growing our faith throughout the course of our lifetime? I don’t mean that in a sense of biblical knowledge but in a sense of facing life’s trials and tests in order to have to trust Him more.

Now and then, I wish that I could say to the Lord “I’ve learned that lesson and don’t need to go back there” but somehow God has a way of allowing difficulties into my life that force me to trust Him at a deeper level than before.

Fortunately, it seems like this was true with many significant men and women in scripture such as Abraham, David and Paul. Following their lives journeys, they too were learning lessons of faith in their later years as well as their earlier ones.

Sometimes I wish those days would be behind me, but in the end I know that there’s far more at stake than my comfort. James says to “Count it all joy” so when the tests do come that’s our first response before we enter “the tunnel of faith”.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Jay,
    I know that adversity is the start of the process that produces faith. Sometimes I'm just not sure that I want to keep growing so much! LOL That's honesty, but God already knows my heart! It's great going on this journey with you Pastor. Keep blogging!
    Norma

    ReplyDelete