Today was one of those times when I received some disappointing news.
We can all identify with the emotion of not being accepted or included in something that was important to us. It's particularly hard when a relationship is involved because it can feel so personal.
It's in these particular times, however, that we find amazing comfort and encouragement from the confidence that the Lord knows way more than we do and always does what's best for us according to His plan.
On some days that's easy for me to say but today it's a little more difficult, and yet every bit as real to me. Sovereignty is a great theological principle, but it's also a very comforting personal reality in tough times. Jesus does have things under control and we do well to rest in Him when it doesn't go our way.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Dear Dr.Jay,
ReplyDeleteIt is 3:10 am and here I set at my computer looking at your blog and reading the daily devotional.
I try and read your blog each day I can't stand it anymore.I have to ask. "WHY HAVE YOU NOT WRITTEN A BOOK?" or have you? And I just am not aware of it? The last three blogs I can clearly see satan has been taking you on a roller coaster ride with great highs and lows in your life and an occasional bruise to your physical body as well as your feelings. I have not met you as of yet. My husband and I attend Northway as often as we can and we belong to Northway and I know from past LESSONS in my own life when you are closest to something great with God, it feels like the excitement of driving a really fast car (on your level now) to smacking it into a wall.(satan causing you to be slightly distracted) I see progress with the church and am proud to say I belong to Northway and look so forward to being even more involved I am sorry you are getting banged up, when I read your Blogs I am also learning and being blessed by the Lessons Jesus is teaching you. I honestly feel Northway is an amazing place and Jesus Christ rules there, satan is feeling threatened and things are happening at Northway, all kinds of things good and bad,I feel like we are being attacked, not in groups but one person at a time just the way satan tries to kill, steal and destroy from all of us one tiny issue at a time and he tries to crumble our very foundation one stone, one brick, one coffee pot, one camera etc,. etc. etc.at a time .Northway has a strong foundation I am looking for many miracles NOW and in the FUTURE, and I am praying each and every time God wakes me up in the middle of the night to pray for Northway and my loved ones.
God is So good.....ALL THE TIME...Its an exciting place to be. You know those rides at the fair when you get onto them the last thing you hear after they lock you in, you know, its the point of no-return......PLEASE HOLD ONTO THE BAR....Well guess what we are at Northway, locked in and committed to serving Jesus Christ guess whats next????? unseen attacks and distractions. By keeping our eyes on Jesus Christ he promises to take us through any situation. We are so close to receiving a Victory with all the seeds that you and many others have planted in the church we must be close to incredible Blessings.
Many, many prayers and blessings to you and yours.
In Jesus Love,
Connie
PS PLEASE HOLD ONTO THE BAR !!!!