There's a spiritual truth that I've discovered we never stop learning. It's that mystical idea that we must "hit bottom" before God will intervene in His miraculous ways.
I know that this is a common tenant of recovery programs, and it's a very difficult thing, as well, for us in our everyday lives. Whether it's in a relationship, a dream, a financial hardship, a physical condition: it just seems like we have to get to the place where we can not make it happen before God steps in.
I just experienced one of those moments. I'd given up because I had tried just about everything I knew how to do in a particular situation. You know you're there when you just don't have the heart to go on in your own strength. Then, out of nowhere, God does something that only He can do and as a result everything changes.
Hitting bottom is at the same time painful... and wonderful because it brings the power of God's Spirit into the situation.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Praise the Lord for answered prayer!
ReplyDelete