My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tough Calls

Recently, I faced a very important decision regarding a personal relationship that would have ramifications on the longterm future of our church. It was something that I didn't really want to have to decide, but circumstances continued to point to the reality that I had to make the "tough call".

There is nothing in my background that says that we always get those moments right. In fact, if you're like me, you really cry out to hear from the Lord and sometimes He just requires you to trust Him in the midst of the decision.

However, making a tough call is what leadership is about. It's also what it's about for every parent, student and every follower of Jesus. Life is full of those moments when you're being pulled, but you have to take a stand and then trust God with the consequences.

I've come to believe that that's when the Lord is most pleased with us: when we make tough calls and then cast the full weight of our confidence upon Him.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment