My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 26, 2008

"If My People..."

It’s not an overstatement to say that we are in some of the most turbulent, if not frightening times in recent political/economic history.

When financial conservatives like Mr. Warren Buffet declare that our economy is facing a “Pearl Harbor” type of moment, it gets the attention of just about everybody.

Throw into that mix the congressional political dynamics and the upcoming presidential candidates positioning themselves on these issues, and you have a very confusing and upsetting scenario.

It’s at this time that I recognize that the only thing of substance and significance that I can do is to pray. Scripture is very clear in it’s mandate that it is the responsibility of the people of God to pray for their nation. II Chronicles 7:14 rings out to us declaring the call “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

That verse has been used countless times over the years in moments of apparent desperation, but I do believe that it remains a promise for the people of God whenever and wherever they find themselves in uncertain times. I invite you to join with me in taking this posture and this prayer to the Lord this weekend.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment