Today at lunch I was sharing the time with a friend when the proprietor of the restaurant stopped by to say hello.
I mentioned to him that we were talking about the role of "fate" or fatalism in our lives and how much of a topic of interest that was. He paused for a moment and said, "Thanks for reminding me that I need to be more faithful about being in worship. We've been sliding lately and that's just what I needed to hear."
I wonder how many people are like that? I wonder how many people would come to church if we simply reminded them of what's coming and how relevant it would be to their lives?
Too often we think we're going to offend people and push them away when in fact all they're waiting for is some indication that they're missed and that something of importance will take place.
It's not at all too late for you to make a difference this weekend for somebody to come to worship with you wherever that may be. Trust the Lord and follow those promptings and you'll see God use you in mighty ways!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment