My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Without Regret

Imagine your life is over and you're standing in front of a huge flat screen with a DVD player. God inserts a disc with your name on it labeled "What Might Have Been." It details everything He wanted to accomplish through you: how He wanted to bless you financially but you were afraid to sow into His Kingdom and be generous with others; how He wanted to use your gifts, but you lacked the discipline to develop them and the courage to use them. The same could be said of relationships, character, and spiritual growth among many others.

Far too often we think in terms of regret as being associated with things that we did that we wish we hadn't done rather than lost opportunities for accomplishment and blessing.

A simple way to begin to think about this and perhaps "jump start" your faith toward achieving God's goal for your life is to be sure to spend time in the Word each day with an eye toward what God is saying to you. Then begin to look outward toward others with whom you can share what God is showing you in the Word and perhaps even enter into discipling relationships where you could multiply what's been given to you many times over.

I've been blessed to see the Lord do far more than I imagined, but I certainly have some regrets where I wasn't faith driven, but gave way to my fears or uncertainties.

I pray that you'll receive this encouragement to press forward and become all that the Lord wants you to be by His Spirit within you.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment